Terms and ConditionsUpdated as of 28.02.2023
These Terms do not alter the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with Aurora for products, services, or otherwise (collectively, “Agreement”). To the extent there is a conflict between any Agreement and these Terms, the terms of the Agreement shall prevail.
Aurora reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time deliberately and without prior specific notice to you. Aurora immediately informs you at the top of these Terms when such changes or alterations are made. Your continued use of the Website will be understood as your acceptance of such changed or altered Terms.
Aurora maintains the right to change, suspend, or terminate the Website or any portion of the Website or Services, as well as to restrict or prevent your future access to and use of the Website, without prior notice to you and at its sole discretion.
1. Use of the Website
The Website is provided for informational purposes only and is designed to present to you Aurora Cloud, the turnkey solution for adopting blockchain in your business. You may not use the Website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Website. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or any of its services, systems, or networks.
The Website is intended solely for individuals who are 18 years of age or older. Any access to or use of the Website by anyone under 18 is unauthorized, unlicensed, and in violation of these Terms. By accessing or using the Website, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older.
You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Website:
- in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries);
- for the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation;
- to impersonate or attempt to impersonate an Aurora employee, contractor, another user, or any other person or entity;
- to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by Aurora, may harm Aurora Cloud or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
In addition, you agree not to:
- use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website;
- use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website;
- use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website;
- introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
Aurora reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates these Terms, including, without limitation, removing any offending content, suspending or terminating the account of any user, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities, and/or pursuing any other available legal remedies.
The Website also provides a demo of Aurora Silos, using the test Silo known as Aurora Innovation, a blockchain platform designed for fast, secure, and scalable transactions (the “DEMO”). The DEMO allows users to experience the following:
- Access control: Users can request access to Aurora Innovation by connecting to Metamask and adding their details (name, company, email).;
- Custom transaction fee tokens & mechanics: Once access is granted, you will receive an email and 500 INNO tokens to your address (native token of Aurora Innovation, used to pay for transactions in Aurora Innovation in a way that goes beyond the limits of Ethereum);
- Contract deployment restriction: Other Ethereum-compatible environments are permissionless, in that anybody with access can deploy a smart contract. With Aurora Cloud Silos, you can restrict who is and is not allowed to deploy a contract. You can confirm now, that you are NOT permitted, by clicking here to attempt to deploy a contract. You will then see that the transaction fails. (Remember, this costs 1 INNO to try.)
- Interoperability: If you have certain Aurora tokens, then considering that Aurora Cloud Silos are built on the NEAR Protocol, and to demonstrate interoperability, you can move the AURORA tokens between NEAR and Aurora Innovation;
- Ethereum compatibility: Aurora Cloud Silos are fully Ethereum-compatible. This means you have the full availability of Ethereum smart contracts and tools for your use! You can experiment this by trading INNO and POODLE, Aurora Innovation’s own meme coin. Each POODLE originally cost 2 INNOs, but this exchange rate will fluctuate as people interact with this AMM.
In case you are interested in learning more about Aurora Silos, you are able to send us an email by clicking the Contact Us buttons available on the Website.
You understand and agree that we are not responsible for any activities that you engage in when using your wallet, or the Website. The Company cannot and does not represent or guarantee that any of the information available through the Website is accurate, reliable, current, complete or appropriate for your needs. Your use of any third party scripts, indicators, ideas and other content is at your sole risk.
You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Website is at your sole risk. We make and expressly disclaim all representations and warranties, express, implied or statutory, and with respect to the Platform and the code proprietary or open-source, we specifically do not represent and warrant and expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation, any representations or warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, usage, security, suitability or fitness for any particular purpose, or as to the workmanship or technical coding thereof, or the absence of any defects therein, whether latent or patent. We do not represent or warrant that the Website’s code and any related information are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
4. Limitations of Liability
You understand that our Website and DEMO is provided “as is,” with all faults and without any warranty (express or implied). TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMING ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AS WELL AS ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS IMPLIED BY A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR USAGE OF TRADE, CONCERNING OUR SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Our liability is limited according to the provisions of these Terms. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you release us from any claims and demands, as well as any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs, reasonable attorneys' fees, and other expenses incurred or suffered by Aurora of every kind and nature, known and unknown, relating to or arising out of any right, claim, or matter (a) which is disclaimed by Aurora (or for which Aurora provides no guarantees) under these Terms, or (b) for which Aurora is otherwise indemnified or released by you under these Terms.
You expressly agree that you assume all risks in connection with your access to and use of the Website and the DEMO. Additionally, you expressly waive and release us from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, or damages arising from or in any way relating to your access to and use of Website and the DEMO.
The Website and the DEMO may not be available or appropriate for use in all jurisdictions. By accessing or using the Website and the DEMO, you agree that you are solely and entirely responsible for compliance with all laws and regulations that may apply to you. You further agree that we have no obligation to inform you of any potential liabilities or violations of law or regulation that may arise in connection with your access and use of the Website and the DEMO and that we are not liable in any respect for any failure by you to comply with any applicable laws or regulations.
5. Intellectual Property and License
Unless otherwise indicated on the Website, the Website and all content and other materials on the Website, including, without limitation, the logos and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, “Aurora Materials”) are the proprietary property of Aurora or its licensors or users. They are protected by international intellectual property regulations.
You are granted a limited, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Website and Aurora Materials subject to these Terms.
Except as expressly permitted on the Website, in these Terms or otherwise in writing by Aurora, such license does not include:
- any resale or commercial use of the Website or the Aurora Materials;
- the distribution, public performance or public display of any Aurora Materials;
- modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Website and the Aurora Materials, or any portion thereof;
- use of any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- downloading (other than the page caching) of any portion of the Website, the Aurora Materials or any information contained therein; or
- any use of the Website or the Aurora Materials other than for its intended purpose.
Any use of the Website or the Aurora Materials other than as specifically authorized herein, without the prior written permission of Aurora, is prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein.
Unauthorized usage may also be in violation of applicable laws, such as copyright and trademark laws, as well as communications rules and laws. Nothing in these Terms, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise, shall be considered as giving any license to intellectual property rights unless expressly stated herein.
6. Third Party Links
The Website and the DEMO may contain advertisements and promotions offered by third parties and links to other websites or resources. Aurora is not responsible for the availability (or lack of availability) of such external websites or resources. If you choose to interact with the third parties made available through our Website, or DEMO, such party's terms will govern their relationship with you. Aurora is not responsible or liable for such third parties' terms or actions.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you will defend, indemnify, and hold Aurora harmless from any claim or demand made by any third, as well as any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs, reasonable attorneys' fees, and other expenses of every kind and nature, known and unknown, incurred or suffered by Aurora, relating to or arising out of (a) your breach of these Terms, (b) your use (or misuse) of our Website, or (c) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party. We reserve the right to handle our legal defense. However, we see fit, even if you are indemnifying us, in which case you agree to cooperate with us so we can execute our strategy.
8. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
These Terms, and all disputes and claims arising out of or in connection with these Terms or its subject matter or formation, including non-contractual disputes and claims, are governed by the laws of Gibraltar without regard to its conflict of laws rules. These laws will apply no matter where you live or are located in the world. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, nothing in these Terms, including the aforementioned choice of law provision, affects your rights as a User to rely on any mandatory provisions of the country's law in which you are resident.
You and Aurora: (a) waive the right to have any and all disputes or claims arising from these Terms, your use or access to the Website or any other disputes with Aurora (collectively, “Disputes”) resolved in a court; and (b) waive any right to a jury trial. Instead, you and Aurora agree to arbitrate Disputes that are not resolved informally (as described below) through binding arbitration (i.e. the referral of a Dispute to one or more persons charged with reviewing the Dispute and making a final and binding determination to resolve it) instead of having the Dispute decided by a judge or jury in court).
You and Aurora agree that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual arbitration and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding. Neither party agrees to class arbitration or to an arbitration in which an individual attempts to resolve a dispute as a representative of another individual or group of individuals. Further, you and Aurora agree that a dispute cannot be brought as a class, or other types of representative action, whether within or outside of arbitration, or on behalf of any other individual or group of individuals.
You agree that will notify Aurora, in writing, of any Dispute within thirty (30) days of when it arises so that you and Aurora can attempt, in good faith, to resolve the Dispute informally. Your notice must include (1) your name, postal address, and email address; (2) a description of the nature or basis of the Dispute; and (3) the specific action that you are seeking. If you and Aurora cannot resolve the Dispute within thirty (30) days of Aurora receiving the notice, either you or Aurora may, as appropriate pursuant to this section, commence an arbitration proceeding. You and Aurora agree that any arbitration or claim must be commenced or filed within one (1) year after the Dispute arose; otherwise, you and Aurora agree that the claim is permanently barred (which means that you will no longer have the right to assert a claim regarding the Dispute).